Farm Website

For more information on our farm and to order our products, please visit our website at www.yonderwayfarm.com or click on the link to take you there.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Layer House



I am really excited about this. As mentioned in 2008 goals, we have a building that I am going to convert into a large laying house. It has electricity, concrete floors, a large door in the end so that I can drive our small tractor in to save litter, a room in the front so that I can incubate lots of eggs and keep chicks safe, and many windows so that the chickens can come and go as they please wandering out in the pastures and around the barnyard.


Old Building


Stuff, Stuff, Stuff...Need to DeStuff


Today I started cleaning up. First I have to clean the barn up because I know that I am going to have to move a lot of the stuff from this building into the barn. I like to be organized before I move things that way I’m not just adding stuff onto more stuff. I will keep you posted on the progress of the chicken house. I’m hoping by mid week next week I will be done. Ready for chickens.


Cleaning Barn

Chicken Laying in New Coop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.... your going to complete one of your 2008 goals by the end of the first month.

Pretty good!

Dad